Saturday, April 24, 2010

Might As Well


Just got back from KL. Had Subway for breakfast, lunch and dinner (yes you read that right) yesterday, and for brunch today. Over 40 branches in Malaysia but not a single one in Melaka. Haiz. Its a long-distance relationship, but we're making it work. 

I just realised that I always opt for Parmesan Oregano despite never having tried the other bread options e.g Honey Oat or Hearty Italian etc. But I guess I've always been like that. If I find something I like, I don't bother considering alternatives regardless of whether they are better or not. For example if I walk into a card shop and see a card I like, I'll just buy it straight away without even looking at the rest. 

Lepak-ed around KLCC by myself. Having done so already at Sunway Pyramid, Midvalley, Timesquare, Pavilion and the Curve, that leaves me with 1Utama as the only major shopping mall I have yet to spend a day there all by myself. 

* cues the part where all my friends say "ALONE MEH? SO SAD MEH??" *

No its not sad because I choose to be alone. Its only sad if I wanted company but nobody wan to teman me.  But not like anybody want to teman me anyway. So its more of a "you can't fire me coz I quit!" scenario. In all seriousness lepak-ing alone is rather liberating, but its not for everyone. 

First of all you need superb stoning skills. You need to be able to stare into space and "wake up" hours later. Secondly you need to have a thick face. You'll need to be comfortable asking "table for one please" or "just one ticket please" etc. 

So anyway, UNICEF opened a booth in Kinokuniya so I decided to sign up and pledge. 
Afterall, I won't have a family to support, no need to save to buy house or save up for children's education, and since I'm basically the least materialistic person around e.g iPhone is not on my wish-list (actually I don't even think there is a wish-list), I might as well do some good before I inevitably die alone.